TWD: Grandma's All-Occasion Sugar Cookies

This weeks TWD recipe was picked by Ulrike from Küchenlatein, if you want to make it yourself you can find the recipe in Dorie Greenspan's: Baking, From My House To Yours or on Ulrike's Blog.

The cookies were very simple to make, I didn't do anything fancy with them, just wanted to see how they would taste without any additions.
I went the slice and bake way, but I think I cut them a little too thick. The taste was still great, but next time I will do them a little thinner, probably roll them out and use cookie cutters.

Thanks for picking this one Ulrike! We all loved them.

Comments

Maci said…
your cookies look great!
Jacque said…
I'm impressed with how round yours came out. Mine were kind of flat on one side.

They still tasted good though :)

Nice work!
Sarah said…
sometimes simple is best. great job!
Anonymous said…
Yours are the absolutely perfect! They are a the perfect thickness and shape and the color is just beautiful!
kimberly salem said…
they look lovely! i used cutters, but i want to try out slice and bake next time. less fuss;)
Megan said…
Nooo - the slice and bake was perfect. I cut mine thicker too, and was pleased with the flavor and resulting texture. Then again, I don't like them too crispy -
ostwestwind said…
Simple is the best, isn't it?

Your cookies look absolutely perfect!
Thanks for joining TWD and baking with me

Ulrike from Küchenlatein
Anonymous said…
Yours are shaped so perfectly. Mine were kind of lopsided. *jealous*

Popular posts from this blog

Linzer Sablés

Advocaat Parfait

TWD: Brioche Raisin Snails