Barbecued Ribs

Since my weber WSMis on back order I did my ribs the way I do them most of the time, which is indirect grilling in my weber kettle. They are based on the First-Timer's Ribs recipe from Steven Raichlen's Raichlen on Ribs, Ribs, Outrageous Ribsbook.

Rub Ingredients:
2 tablespoons sea salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons mustard powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder

Mob Ingredients:
1 cup apple cider
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons dark soy sauce

Glaze:
Noskos' Sweet Hickory Smoke B-B-Q sauce (or any other smokey barbecue sauce)

You'll also need:
4 slabs of ribs
2 fist size chunks of hickory smoke wood

The night before remove the white papery membrane from the back of the ribs, this goes best with your fingers or a butter knife, once you have a little piece loose grab it with a piece of paper towel and tear it of. Wash the ribs under cold water and dry them with paper towel.
Mix the rub ingredients and rub this mixture into the ribs. Put the ribs in the fridge.

This is what they look like after a night in the fridge.

The next day prepare your barbecue for indirect grilling and preheat to 325-350 F. Take the ribs out of the fridge half an hour before they go on the barbecue so they warm up a bit. Put the chunks of hickory on the coals and put the ribs on (ribs side down or in a rib rack), close the lid and don't touch or peek for 45 minutes.

After 35 minutes I prepare my mob sauce, melt the butter in a pan, add the apple cider and the soy sauce and bring to a simmer.
When the 45 minutes have past open the lid of the barbecue and mob some of the sauce on your ribs. Do this again 15 minutes later and 30 minutes later.
At the 1 and a half hour mark put on the glaze and let it get sticky for 10 to 15 minutes.
Take the ribs of the barbecue, cover with aluminium foil and let them rest for 10 minutes.

Now your ribs are ready to cut and serve.


The glaze I use, I made myself because you can hardly find any bbq sauce here, I will tell you how to make it in another posting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linzer Sablés

Advocaat Parfait

TWD: Brioche Raisin Snails