TWD: Lenox Almond Biscotti

Gretchen of Canela & Comino picked this weeks Tuesday with Dorie recipe, she picked Lenox Almond Biscuits which made me very exited.
I know biscotti from my visits to Starbucks when on vacation in the US. I love them and always wanted to give them a try.

They weren't hard to make, although I had to double the time for the first bake. I expected that the logs would spread quite a bit, my sheet pan isn't very wide so I bought an extra one. Glad I did because I could never had fit 2 logs on the one sheet pan I have.
On one sheet pan I put the biscotti's cut side down, on the other I stood them up as Dorie suggested, it didn't make much of a difference taste wise.
I used polenta instead of cornmeal, cornmeal isn't very common on this side of the pond. I'll try to get some next time I make this recipe again. It left a bit of gritty texture. Apart from that I think this is my favorite Dorie recipe so far. Great flavor, nice and crisp, love the almond flavor! Next time I'll try some pistachios or macadamias, or a mix. Also I will do the second bake on 300 F and for a little longer, the ones on the dark sheet pan went a little too fast.

Want to see how the other bakers did? Look at the TWD site. Want to join us? Hurry up this is the last month you can!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's so funny - after I finished mine, I thought about using macadamias next time too. I had some in the freezer and just forgot. They're really tasty, aren't they!
they look golden and beautiful! macadamias would be wonderful in these, i think!
Engineer Baker said…
Ooo, I'm always looking for a use for pistachios in baking, and I agree - they'd be wonderful in these. Beautiful.
Sarah said…
looks great! i was surprised at how much they spread in the oven the first time...great job!
Pistachios, great idea! Mine spread too.

If you can't find cornmeal in medium or fine grinds, you could always try putting some polenta in your blender or food processor and whizzing it around for a while.
Anonymous said…
They look nice, may I pick one?
NKP said…
Glad you loved them too. I like the shot of them with the Krispy Kreme mug, very fun!
Nancy/n.o.e said…
Isn't it fun to find a new favorite recipe from TWD? For us the dimply plum cake is tops - this week I'm making it for the 4th time. Your biscotti look tantalizing. I agree that macadamias and pistachios would both be tasty.
Nancy
Gretchen Noelle said…
So glad you enjoyed these! Glad you had known what to expect from vacation times in the US. Seems like you did a great job with them!
kimberly salem said…
they look perfect! :) glad you liked them. macadamias sound like a great sub for next time.
Anonymous said…
They turned out so lovely! Very very nicely done!! And the krispy kreme mug - love it!
Tammy said…
great photos! I couldnt get mine to stand up - i think i cut them a bit thin, but I still loved them!
These are a beautiful golden, golden brown and the texture looks just right.

Glad you enjoyed my Bobotie post too - Afrikaans is a wonderful descriptive language. P.S. When you make the Bobotie you should use ground beef with fat in it - none of these reduced dry-dull defatted packs. Sorry to overlap posts but I tried to e-mail you on the Bobotie and it got sent back!
Liz said…
Your biscotti are beautiful! I think next time you could put the polenta in a blender or food processor for a few seconds, and just use that. (Cornmeal = fine-ground polenta). I thought it made a big difference in the final taste.
Shelby said…
Your biscotti look great!
Anonymous said…
I loved this recipe and plan on making it again using some of the variations. Your biscotti is the perfect golden color. I love that first picture. Yum!
Shari said…
Macadamias would be wonderful in these!

Popular posts from this blog

Linzer Sablés

Advocaat Parfait

TWD: Brioche Raisin Snails