TWD: Caramel Peanut Topped Brownie Cake

Tammy of Wee Treats By Tammy was the lucky one this week and could choose a recipe from Dorie Greenspan's Baking: From My House To Yours. She picked the Caramel Peanut Topped Brownie Cake. The recipe can be found in on Tammy's blog and of course in the book.

The cake was easy to make, I don't have a 8" spring form so I used a 9" one.
The caramel with cream was a first but wasn't too hard in the end, it did take way more time though than Dorie stated in the recipe.
What did we think of the cake, most of the trusty tasters liked it, but we all agreed it was a little on the dry side. Maybe because I used the larger springform? I don't know, but a layer of jam or cream would have lifted it a lot. It wasn't gooey like a brownie that's for sure.

Want to know how the other Tuesdays With Dorie bakers did? Go and visit the TWD site. Want to join us? Hurry up, there is only until the end of this month left to do so!

Comments

Engineer Baker said…
Screw that healthy food stuff, lets torte this thing and put whipped cream in the middle. Now that's an idea. Lovely cake.
Tammy said…
your cake looks fab! thanks for making my pick
Unknown said…
Look delicious! I'm with you on a layer of cream in the middle!
Di said…
I don't think it was just your pan--I used an 8-inch pan and mine was dry, too. I think cream sounds like a fine idea. =) Great job on the cake.
Mari said…
Dry is the TWD word of the week, as it seems that only those who under-baked the brownie cake a bit, turned out moist cakes. A bit of a disappointment I'm afraid.
kimberly salem said…
i think if the word "brownie" were taken out of the title, we wouldn't be this disappointed! ;) your cake looks great!
Marthe said…
Your cake looks delicious!! I agree with you that the cake was a bit too dry! But overall: still a great cake
Amanda said…
Thannks for commenting on my blog, I'm so happy to be part of the great TWD group :) Your cake looks relly good, such a pretty presentation! I agree that the cake needed something else, I wish it HAD been like a brownie. Would have been much better.
I had the same problem with the cake. But the topping was fabulous!
AmyRuth said…
Looks awesome, I'll bet the nose knows when the chocolate is ready.
AmyRuth

Popular posts from this blog

Linzer Sablés

Advocaat Parfait

TWD: Brioche Raisin Snails