I got tagged!

If you read blogs, you must have run into posts about people being tagged and telling something about themself. Until now nobody tagged me! That changed yesterday I got tagged by Mari from Mevrouw Cupcake, thanks!!! So here is my Me, Me:

What were you cooking five years ago?
I was trying my mom's recipes, she was was very sick and I wanted to learn her recipes so they can live on.

What were you cooking 10 years ago?
I didn't cook that much 10 years ago, what I made was most of the time Asian, I bought a rice cooker when I was 17, still have the same one :-) When I was in high school I wanted to become a chef, unfortunately my French (which I needed to get into that school) wasn't good enough so I became something totally different but the love for food has always been there.

Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Chocolate
2. A nice piece of Dutch cheese
3. Stroopwafels
4. Peanutbutter, a nice big spoonful from the jar :-)
5. Licorice

Five recipes you know by heart:
1. My mom's macaroni dish
2. Poached pears (an old family recipe)
3. My own chipotle rub
4. Kung poa chicken
5. Thai green curry

Five culinary luxuries you would indulge in if you were a millionaire:
1. Dinner at El Bulli, Spain
2. Dinner at The Fat Duck, England
3. A new kitchen with a nice viking stove
4. A spicewine smoker
5. Make a nice food trip around the world

Five foods you love to cook:
1. Barbecue (real barbecue, not grilling!!)
2. Cakes, cookies
3. Curries
4. Creme brulee
5. Spicy dishes (Chinese, Indonesian, Mexican etc.)

Five foods you cannot/ will not eat:
1. Melon (all kinds)
2. Cilantro
3. Brussels sprouts
4. Beetroot
5. There is no five, I've tried it all, from scorpions and cat in China to grasshoppers in Mexico and will try anything new.

Five favourite culinary toys:
1. Global chef knife
2. Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker
3. Le Creuset Dutch oven
4. Vegetable peeler
5. Remote thermometer (great on cold days when barbecueing!)

I will pass this meme on, but not at the moment. Most of the blogs I've been reading for a long time have been tagged already and I am still working my way through the Tuesdays with Dorie members to find out which ones really grow on me :-) But I'll get back on this!

Comments

Mari said…
Yeah! Thanks for participating! It's so fun to get to know you this way!

Popular posts from this blog

Linzer Sablés

Advocaat Parfait

TWD: Brioche Raisin Snails